CBD for Physicians
Learn to prescribe patients with the specific doses and strains of CBD
These courses are designed for Medical Professionals, Physicians, Integrative Physicians, RN’s, Physical Therapists, Sports Medicine Doctors, Athletes, and Health Coaches
Releaf Social Enterprise in cooperation with CA Institute, The Answer Page, Inc. (TAP), an international medical education resource, and the Americans for Safe Access (ASA), a national nonprofit (501(c)(3)), have created the Cannabis Care Certification (CCC) program to provide doctors and other healthcare professionals with the highest quality peer-reviewed and accredited educational content focused on the endocannabinoid system and medical marijuana. The content and its presentation are designed to be of educational value and interest for those new to medical cannabis, as well as for those with years of experience in this area of clinical practice.
The Comprehensive Medical Marijuana Curriculum introduces the reader to:
- the endocannabinoid system and its interaction with the components of the cannabis plant
- administration, therapeutic use, drug metabolism, physiologic and cognitive effects, potential risks, and drug interactions
- the use of marijuana in obstetric patients, pediatric patients, adolescent patients and elderly patients
- important considerations for patients with ischemic heart disease, hepatic disease, psychotic illness, and those with a history of drug dependence are provided.
- Health Effects of Marijuana and Cannabinoids in Epilepsy module describes how the endocannabinoid system may affect seizure threshold, and reviews the available research and clinical evidence for the use of marijuana or cannabinoids in the treatment of epilepsy
- FDA-approved cannabis-based medicine for the treatment of Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome which are two rare and severe forms of epilepsy.
- Legal and Medical Considerations in the Recommendation of Medical Marijuana provides a thorough review of the considerations associated with the recommendation of medical marijuana
- prescribing of FDA-approved cannabinoid-based medicines.
Those who enroll in the Cannabis Care Certification Program will receive the following:
- Membership to the Cannabis Care Certification (CCC) Program for medical professionals
- Full access to TheAnswerPage’s Comprehensive Medical Marijuana Curriculum for 12 months
- The ability to earn CME/CE credit for physicians, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, nurses, psychologists, as well as other healthcare professionals
- Full access to the “Cannabis Care Certification Patient and Caregiver” suite of educational videos including:
- The Endocannabinoid System
- Cannabis 101
- Cannabis Research and Clinical Data
- Cannabis-based Medicines
- Choosing Your Medicine
- Potency and Delivery Methods
- Obtaining Medicine
- Storing and Transporting Medical Cannabis
- Medical Cannabis in Your Life
- History of Medical Cannabis
- Cannabis Care Certification “Certificate of Achievement” demonstrating that you are among the healthcare providers that are dedicated to learning about the endocannabinoid system and medical cannabis.
- Eligibility for referral list for patients seeking doctors with Cannabis Care Certification training
- The program also provides resources for medical professionals including:
- Current information on state-by-state requirements for recommending medical cannabis
- Overview of federal laws and memos concerning medical professionals and cannabis
- Educational material for patients
The Answer Page, Inc. brings over two decades of expertise providing medical education to an international healthcare audience, while Americans for Safe Access brings over 15 years of experience educating medical professionals and patients on the laws and health effects of medical cannabis.
CBD for Therapuetics
A recent survey revealed that 90% of medical professionals in the EU felt unqualified to prescribe CBD and 35% felt unable to answer patient questions. This course has been developed by professionals for professionals to get you up to speed on the ins and outs, advantages and disadvantages, of administering medical cannabis. It is based on the latest science and infused with clinical wisdom gathered by the world’s most experienced physicians. It is designed to be digestible, enjoyable and practical.
Topics covered: Cannabis Education, Marijuana Research, Effects of Cannabis, Methods of Administration, Dosing, Effects of THC and CBD, Cannabis Risks and Counterindications
Perfect for: Medical Professionals, Physicians, Integrative Physicians, RNs, Physical Therapists, Health Coaches, Sports Medicine Doctors, Athletes
- CA Institute course fee
- A potential job at CA Institute or with Releaf Social Enterprise as well as job placement assistance
- Assistance with finding permanent accommodation during the course
- Complete access to CA Institute facilities
Tuition DOES NOT Include:
- Accommodation and meals
- Personal expenses
- Travel to and from the course
- Visa, if needed (CA Institute cannot provide student visas)
- Airport pickup
- Medical Insurance (CA Institute can recommend medical insurance)
- Work permits, permanent residency and long term visas
5 Days with all course books and materials
Sign up before August 15th and get 10% off both the Horticulture and Seminar Tuition Fees